Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hot Lips Salvia, New $5 Outdoor Rug!

To the left of the bench swing, here in the front yard, are my 3 Hot Lips Salvia plants. I got them a couple years ago at Wal-Mart. (I've been impressed with Wal-Mart's selection of unique perennials!)
 I cut them back pretty hard a few weeks ago and they've filled out nicely. They have a great, minty smell when crushed.
 I don't have a lot of red in the garden, but I love their red and white blooms. Depending on the temperature, they also bloom all white or all red.

The store Five Below, where everything is $5 or less, has these cute plastic rugs! I don't know how well it'll hold up, but what a great price.

In the store they also had some colorful metal tables or stools that would make great plant stands. And big, colorful, flexible gardening tubs that look just like Tubtrugs!

Since I'm already over-budget for the month because of the cat statue, I just splurged on the one rug. Speaking of that cat... I'm thinking of adding a mane made of plants, Chia Pet style, to turn it into a lion! Maybe lamb's ear and/or sedums? Can't wait to post the finished piece!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment