Monday, March 14, 2016

Flowerbed Makeover!

My friend wanted to have her front flowerbeds spruced up. She's expecting a baby soon, so she wanted something low maintenance, and she likes marigolds. Other than that, she's not picky, which made it super fun for me to pick things out!

I don't normally get to buy any annuals, so that also made it fun. They're so colorful! I love petunias, especially the speckled blue ones in the square bed below.

As for perennials, I added pinata lavender, lamb's ear, dusty miller, purple heart, and some sedum. 

There are also lots of bulbs (2 kinds of lilies), seeds (zinnia and cosmos), and some existing mystery plants that might be daylilies. It should get way more colorful over the summer! She also had lots of cool seashells and little pieces of garden art that I spread around for display.

Before:



Anole!! And my disgusting gardening hands:

After:





I'll try and take more pictures of this through the year.

One thing I didn't finish before I left, was planting a few things in the big pot on their porch. I got some great-smelling lavender and some honey-scented alyssum, for a little aromatherapy on the go.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment