Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Preschool Rainbow Garden

 Last year, I did some landscaping for the preschool at the church building where we worship. It was lots of fun and the students have enjoyed it. It's made the entrance a lot more welcoming and cheerful.

Along the playground and next to the parking lot, I made a rainbow garden. It has mostly perennials. I wish I had used painted tires instead of painted pots, because then the potted plants (mostly annuals) could be watered by the soaker hose, rather than by hand.

 This stairwell bed was mostly empty, with white irises and liriope around the outside edge. I removed some of the irises and added hot lips salvia, feather grass, some boxwoods, dusty miller, and a red turk's cap that mysteriously disappeared. I also made a little "fairy garden" in the unused bird bath, and added some garden art from Hobby Lobby. This was all so much fun! There's a hanging glass cross with a bell, near the bench, and I've heard that the kids love to ring the bell.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment