Friday, April 1, 2016

Chicago Peace Rose, Texas Mountain Laurel

 My little $6 Wal-Mart bodybag Chicago Peace rose has bloomed... and WOW!! The flowers are huge and look like glowing watercolor paintings!


 I couldn't stop taking pictures of them all day. They really seemed to glow after the sun went down. I love their big, poofy shape too. I may need to paint a picture of sometime!

 I may also need to take the colored glass bottles out of this bed, now that the roses are blooming. I never thought I'd say something was TOO colorful! The kids are playing in the DE / ant bed dirt mix, despite being warned about the ants several times. I guess the DE worked since the ants were apparently gone! Bluebonnets at the curb just keep getting bigger and better.

And I've gotta give a shout-out to the Texas Mountain Laurel tree. Like several of my plants, I bought one after reading about it on Pam Penick's Digging. It's finally bloomed, and it really does smell like grape soda!! I planted it outside the master bed and bath windows, and next to the deck, and I can smell it as soon as I walk out back. Love it!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment